Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day III - the "slap"

Here, the rest of the workers have your back. "No le hagas mucho caso al jefe que esta mero loco -- es muy nervioso." He is right - the guy is excessively paranoid - but he is human... and underneath all his OCD and nervous wreckage, he is merely trying to make what he has the best it can be. That I make mistakes only gives him a reason to forcefully understand that he cannot control everything, and that it all ends up working out at the end of the day... right?

Or will I become 'the girl who screwed up and added to his reasons of why life falls apart when you do not control it? It has been three days and already, there has been a tenfold increase in my comfort. I just have to be myself - it is an excuse to be nice to people and I love that!

"Me gustas" -- A Trinity professor of Linguistics! A kind and honest man who has reminded me that I am selling a restaurant whose food I have never tasted... How hypocritical is that?

Did The Boss just slap my butt with the menus?!? And then say "it was just too tempting"?!? That is unprofessional and belittling. I should have been more serious with my response and told him to never do it again. Damn it. This will be interesting to watch unfold...

Shit. I want to go home. I became too friendly too fast - but again, it is my third day - wait and see - readjusting my position - it' is never too late to do that... The best way to have handled that would have been to stop -- look straight into his eyes and said: "That was terribly inappropriate. I would appreciate it if you never did anything of the nature again. If you do, I will denounce you and resign."

No comments:

Post a Comment